Monday, March 12, 2012

More on One of My Pet Peeves: Why Most Educators Are Ignorant.

I was a teacher, I married a teacher, her father was a teacher, and one of my daughter's was a teacher and in some respect, still is an educator.  So don't tell me I don't know anything about education and the usual line, "until you walk a mile in their shoes, don't criticize".    Sorry folks, done that, been there -- in reverse order, of course, to be more correct.

For some time now, I have been pointing out the stupidity of educators.   But less I be totally misunderstood -- it's not always teachers I am after.   Usually it's mainly bad teachers and those from that group that get promoted to the ranks of administrators (because they're not so hot in the classroom).

Oh well, you decide for yourself.  Read the story along with other similar ones people share along this line.  Then ask yourself, "why is it that we're seeing more and more stupidity from the education sector these days?"   Is there really a plot to make us all stupid?

Seems to me I remember an old adage that goes like this:  Those that can do; those that can't teach; and those that can't teach, teach others how to teach.   I think it's still applicable.   

Reading Frederick Douglass in Rochester - By Kevin D. Williamson - The Corner - National Review Online


[Are you looking for a speaker at your church, your club, school, or organization? Ken is available to preach, teach, challenge, and/or motivate. Please contact us.]

Thanks for dropping by. Sign up to receive free updates. We bring you relevant information from all sorts of sources. Subscribe for free to this blog or follow us by clicking on the appropriate link in the right side bar. And please share this blog with your friends. Ken Godevenos, Church and Management Consultant, Accord Consulting.



It would be great if you would share your thoughts or questions on this blog in the comments section below or on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.